Sunday, June 20, 2010

Michael FIRED from "Tears of the Sun"

Actress Ellen Page


Hows this for news? DailyBuzz.net and the AP are reporting Michael was fired today from his sci-fi space film Tears of the Sun. According to sources it was due to a "dispute between Meyers and co-star Ellen Page". Nothing else was mentioned other than the fact that the majority of his footage was shot already and that his character will still be in the film. He only had one week left to shoot but the scenes he had left were not integral to the plot. Hmm, I wonder what this little "dispute" was. I won't speculate since I am sure others will do that for me so I will wait until we hear something official from Michael or Ellen themselves (unless they aren't allowed to speak about it due to some contract issue or something, which would SUCK). If you aren't familair with Ellen Page she starred in 2005's controversial pedophile horror thriller Hard Candy (which strangely enough is the all time favorite film of a one miss Mel Morley), 2006's X-Men 3: The Last Stand as Kitty Pride, and in 2007's Oscar winning teen pregnancy drama/comedy Juno. She is also known to be quite the little (and I stress LITTLE, girl is TINY) feminist, so I am not shocked her and Michael didn't get along. This is the first time Michael has ever been fired from a film and only the second time he's ever been fired from ANY project he's been in (there was this little cable TV show called The Best Tears a few years back, you may have heard about it). I wonder if he just has back luck with projects that have the word "Tears" in the title? Anyways, stay tuned....this could get interesting...

Tidbit: So I guess we aren't getting that set visit with Michael that I was hoping for huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment