Wednesday, July 13, 2011

=Man to Man Interview=

Here is a new interview with Michael Reese Meyers from GoodMenProject.com. Here is the video LINK. You can also watch it on YouTube. Very short but in depth and informative look at the man. It seems they are in New York at some restaurant in the upstairs section overlooking Central Park. Halfway through more and more people begin to sit down and so the noise level gets pretty loud so in case you cannot hear it, here is the text from the interview:

Q: What two words best describe your father?
A: Hard working. Charismatic.

Q: Has romantic love shaped your life and if so how?
A: Yea. Oh yes, definitely.

Q: How?
A: Since the time I was 14 years old, I have been obsessing over trying to make a girl love me. I've always felt incomplete without a girl in my life. Like I have this big hole inside of me that only love can fill. When I am dating or in the presence of a girl I am attracted to and trying to get to date me, I have this amazing feeling of being whole and on cloud 9. Like a high. But when I dont have that I feel, empty, I feel naked. I just dont feel as happy as I know I could be. I dont know if thats something I can just, fix. I wanna be whole without love but I dont know how.

Q: Who Would you say taught you about manhood?
A: I'd say my father taught me alot. How to provide for your family. He also made alot of mistakes that taught me what not to do, haha. Um, my older brother Joe, tried to teach me alot. He and my father are alot alike. Very charismatic, confident guys. Ladies men. Charming. Perfectionists. Center of attention type guys. Im more like my oldest brother Tony. Kind of a loner, a bit anti-social. But I can play the charismatic guy when I need to. It's become so easy for me to transform into that character it's become this sort of split personality thing. But yea I'd say those two taught me alot, but most of what I've learned I've learned on my own, just through life experiences and of course mistakes you make along the way.

Q: Speaking of mistakes, which mistake do you think you've learned the most from?
A: Haha, I dont think I've learned from any. I mean, I've learned a few things, but I keep making the same ones over and over. I guess, I mean, I dont like to look at things as mistakes, because we make choices and it's all experiences that give you something. But if I had to say something I guess it would be treating people the way I did on the set of The Best Tears. The females in particular. I was an asshole. I tried to play it off like I was just in character but to be honest I was just mad. Mad that they didnt accept me. I saw it as disrespect, so I figured, why should I respect them if they dont respect me? But alot of my behavior on that set has followed me and the Ellen Page situation from Tears of the Sun, Natalie Portman not rehearsing with me or saying a word to me on set other than when we acted in a scene together, was all from my behavior on that set. I have a reputation now. Its no ones fault but my own and I want so bad to change that. I dont wanna be the inappropriate guy who just wants to screw his co-stars because thats not me. It really isnt.

Q: Would you say you've been more successful in public or private life?
A: Wow, public life for sure. I've made alot of money, been in alot of films, been on TV shows, (one of which was a) very successful TV show, Im "famous". I have traveled the world. All that stuff I guess qualifies as success. But privately it's still an uphill battle. It's still a journey.

Q: A journey for what?
A: Happiness. Peace. Inner peace. Letting go of the anger, the pain, loneliness. Trust issues. Being a whole, complete person. Just being happy. But the funny thing is as an actor a part of you feels like you wanna hold onto that because you need it for your acting, but fuck it man, I'd rather be happy. I have to ACT when I need to smile in a scene but screaming and crying come so easy to me. I want it to be the other way around. I want smiling and laughing to be easy and the anger and sadness to be when im ACTING. Thats the goal.

Q: When was the last time you cried?
A: Uh, acting for a movie or for real?

Q: Both.
A: Uh, well for a movie, I dont think I cried in If I Had You, which was the last thing I filmed. I guess Bond. I cry in Quantum of Solace. And for real, um, I cry when I watch movies sometimes. I think a few months ago I was watching The Suicide Kids with Alley Vendetta and the ending of that film always makes me tear up a bit.

Q: What one word would the women in your life use to describe you and is it accurate?
A: Haha, controlling. Sad to say.

Q: Is it accurate?
A: Sadly, yea.

Q: And last one, what is your most cherished ritual as a guy?
A: Like, what do you mean?

Q: Like a guy thing, that you do frequently, that you enjoy?
A: Umm, I like watching sports. NFL football. NBA Basketball. Big Colts fan and Lakers fan. Thats a guy thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment