Friday, June 1, 2012

Michael and Minka attend London Premiere of Alien:Genesis

Last night was the London premiere of Michael's new sci-fi horror space epic "Alien: Genesis". Director Ridley Scott was on hand as was the rest of the cast, lead by Anya Camilla Bella, Bradley Cooper, Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, and Guy Pearce. Michael has been in London the past few weeks shooting the new James Bond film "Moneyball" and he spoke about that, the new Alien flick, his girlfriend Minka, and of course the scuffle he got into earlier in the day with a British paparazzi.
 On Alien: Genesis: "I play Logan Calloway, he's a blonde long haired surfer dude type. He and Elizabeth Shaw used to date. Anya's character. But they are still best friends. Super close. But total opposites. She's a Catholic. A believer. He is a skeptic, more science based, fact based. So they go head to head on that issue. Plus she is just more book smart and mature than he is. He's a big kid and a jokester. The comic relief of the film really. They just couldn't make it work as a couple but as the events of the film unfold we see them find their way back to each other."

"I just loved the script, the questions it asks, the darkness, the smarts. You don't see that a lot in Hollywood productions of this size and that is all due to the writers and the legendary mastermind at the top of it all and that's Ridley."
 On Bond: "That's going well. That's going well. Can't say too much. We been doing alot of action from the start. The cast is great. Sam (Mendes, the director) is super cool. I do my first scenes with Javier (Bardem, the villain of the movie) next week so I am a little nervous about it but it'll be fun, that's for sure. This one is gonna be epic, let me tell you."
On Minka: "Yea she's here tonight. She's with me. She's great. She's a handful but she makes me happy and she makes me laugh. She brings good energy into my life and I need that right now. I'm glad she's here."

On the fight with the paparazzi earlier that day: "Yea it's no big thing. I got a few scrapes on me. I was coming out of a fitting for tonight and this one guy kept getting in my face wanting photos so I let him take a few and told him no more but he wouldn't leave me alone so I got in his face and told him to get lost and he starts laughing in my face and having just this real prick attitude and I lost it. I tried to rip his camera away and he just wouldn't let go. Then I felt this presence behind me break it up before my security got there. I thought it was a cop but it was just come civilian on the street, telling me to calm down and what not."

No comments:

Post a Comment