Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Michael Discusses Panic Disorder on THE DOCTORS

Michael was on THE DOCTORS today to discuss why he was hospitalized last weekend. Apparently he had a panic attack that he thought was a heart attack. Here are some snippets from the interview. You watch the whole video HERE.

TD: So what were your symptoms Michael?
MRM: Well all my life I have had this heart condition called Mitral Valve Prolapse where one of the valves in my heart is a little weak and sometimes doesn't work. So maybe twice a year it acts up but I know that pain, this was different. I was having heart palpitations, shortness of breath, chest pain. I thought it was a heart attack. I went to the hospital, they ran all the tests. EKG, chets X-Rays, blood work, everything. It all came back fine. Normal. Nothing was wrong with me. They told me it was a panic attack.

TD: How long have you been having these?
MRM: Since 2010. That's when it all started. I say pay attention to your body and don't waste your time and money on a hospital visit unless you are for sure it's your heart. I was just so concerned but at the end of the day I'm fine. It's all psychological.

No comments:

Post a Comment