Saturday, November 20, 2010

Kat Von D Regrets Tattooing Meyers' Neck


Celebrity tattoo artist Kat Von D (real name Kristine Papciak) was recently on Carson Daly's show promoting her new book and mentioned Michael Reese Meyers. Meyers in October 2008 visited her famous tattoo shop in West Hollywood, California to get Mel Morley's first name inked on his neck. The experience was filmed for her E! reality show 'L.A. Ink'. Meyers during his 10 weeks of rehab that winter spent alot of time in her shop (he is seen in several episodes visiting) and became very close friends with Kat. She mentions in her Carson Daly interview how the two "are like brother and sister now" and at one point "he was there four or five days a week, just lonely, wanting to just hang out and watch". Kat calls Meyers "a very deep and troubled soul, but ultimately a good person". Regarding the Mel tattoo, as the LA Ink episode showed, Kat strongly warned Meyers not to get it. "I told him over and over, you're gonna regret it. Don't ever get someones name tattooed on you. Not even your kids". But Meyers insisted and she caved. "I regret it to this day. I turn down all kinds of tattoos all the time if I feel it isn't right because I feel it's my job as the artist to do the right thing, even if the customer wants something else. But in his case, I saw how bad he wanted it and I wanted to make him happy. But I wish I could take it back. I know down the line he will look back and wish he hadn't done it. He just has to."

No comments:

Post a Comment