Monday, May 2, 2011

Michelle Monaghan Speaks on Meyers Going to Rehab

Actress Michelle Monaghan is shedding some very interesting light on Michael's surprise decision to enter himself into rehab yesterday. While she does not know why he entered rehab or what he is receiving treatment for she has mentioned in an interview with Ryan Seacrest's radio show about what has been going on with Meyers lately. Monaghan, who starred with Meyers in 2009's The Believers says: "We became friends on that film (The Believers) and he always struck me as a very sensitive guy. Not at all like this bad boy image everyone tries to put on him. Ya know, it's funny, because I remember, like, he's the type, like, if you say something to him and he takes it the wrong way, he won't speak to you for days. Even if you say it was just a joke, he'll go 'Well I didn't take it as a joke'. Just very sensitive and he craves people who are genuine. He and I are similar in that way. He has alot of trust issues. He's been burned, but who hasn't? I actually found him kind of, I dunno, just a lonely soul, looking for a friend really. I tried to be that for him, especially in the past 6 weeks or so. Two months maybe. We have been talking alot, texting mainly. Just chit chat. We lost contact for a while after filming but we've really reconnected in the past two months or so. He's been really, struggling, I guess, with some things. Not sure what exactly. Mostly personal things I guess. I have no idea what exactly caused him to go to rehab but I hope it's nothing too serious. I wish I had more information but I am sure when the time is right he will talk about it. I know he took the breakup with Rosie pretty hard. That was less than a week after Valentine's. And he did mention some drama that had been going on between him and Rachel McAdams the past few days but I dont know if that has anything to do with it. (After being asked if him and Rachel are dating) I have no idea. He didnt make it seem that way. Just that he wanted to hang out with her and she was too busy or something like that. But he's been the same with me. Wanting to spend time but with my child, Ava, and work I've just been so swamped. I always tell him, one day soon, one day soon. Maybe he just needed someone to talk to. I dont know. I feel awful. Maybe I could have been there for him more. I just dont know. But I plan to be there more for him when he gets out, when he's ready. I just hope and pray he is okay. He really is one of our finest actors and I just wish the best for him, as a friend and a fellow actor. And I know the rest of Hollywood does as well. We need him around."

No comments:

Post a Comment