Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Michael At San Diego's Comic Con: "Kristen and I are Just Friends"

Today was the first day of the panels at San Diego's Comic Con and Alien: Genesis had it's own panel with cast members Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, Bradley Cooper, Michael Reese Meyers, and writer Damon Lindelof all present. Director Ridley Scott and star Anya Camilla Bella appeared via Skype satellite footage from location where they are wrapping up filming of the movie. Michael and the cast of course were asked tons of questions about the film and there are many sites which will cover all that was discussed for all you sci-fi movie and Alien franchise nuts out there but we will only focus on the questions Michael was asked and his answers (click HERE for a rough YouTube video of the entire panel discussion)...

Q: This question is for Michael Reese Meyers. It's been hinted at that both yours and Bradley Cooper's characters are cyborgs. Is there any truth to that?
A: Yes. I don't think I'm spoiling anything by revealing that. It's made pretty obvious when you first meet us in the film what we are and who we are, so yea I can say that. It was cool. It's my second time working with Ridley, we did Kingdom of Heaven together way back in 2004/2005, my second time working with Anya, we did a small film together in 2005 called Laws of Attraction. So it was great to work with them again and to meet people like Charlize, Idris, Bradley, the rest of this amazing cast, and to top it off play a character, a type of character I have never done before, which is always what I'm looking forward to doing as an actor. Stretching myself, my skills, as, as an actor.

Q: This is a question for Michael. Were there any special physical demands you had for playing the role? Bradley mentioned how hard it was for him to go against his actor training of emoting and to hold that in since cyborgs don't have feelings. Was that the same for you?
A: Yea it was, actually. Me and Bradley talked about that alot on set. Also the bikes we had to ride. There are these futuristic motorbike things we ride in the film that are pretty bad ass that we ride around on sometimes and that was insane. I'll remember that as the scariest part of the shoot, at least for me. Aliens or no aliens. It was like learning to ride a motorcycle, and I came on late so I basically had a day to learn how to do it and Charlize was just kicking everyone's asses, haha. I don't know how she got so good. But she's very very competitive, so it was fun having that back and forth with her. But yea my legs were always sore because of heavy prosthetics we had to wear and green screen makeup as well as the astronaut suits on top of that. So just standing for 9 and a half hours a day in all that gear was exhausting. The first few days were hell but your body gets acclimated to it, for the most part.

Q: This one's for Michael. Was it difficult for you to concentrate while filming since you are always in the news for some new controversy or the other plus you had just come off gaining so much weight for your last film. You looked pretty thin in the footage we saw so how did you lose it?
A: Haha, yea I'm Mr. Controversy apparently. Trouble just seems to find me I guess. As far as being in the news, let me just clarify for the press who like to make up stories, Kristen Bell and I are JUST FRIENDS! Write that down. She is a very happily married woman. I flew in town for Comic Con over the weekend and stopped by a bar real quick and saw her in there by herself, had no idea she was gonna be in there, and remember we haven't spoken in like over a year. So we started chatting at around like midnight and next thing ya know it's 3 am. So we left. But paparazzi saw us and made this big thing. It's all really silly to me. And the weight loss, that was a peace of cake. Gaining it was hard because my metabolism is so freakishly fast but losing it took less than a week. It literally just dropped off. So yea that wasn't a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment