Sunday, December 12, 2010

MEL MORLEY: "We were abusive towards each other"



She finally speaks! Mel Morley while on location in Baton Rouge, Louisiana filming the final two Twilight films, has been giving an interview with website BritishBeauties.net. It is apart of their Supper With... series where they sit down with English actresses over dinner (they call it supper over there lol) and chat it up. Mel, who is notoriously private about her relationships finally admits to all her relationships. The actress has had five boyfriends in her entire life, all of whom are actors (Jamie Bell, Michael Reese Meyers, David Hencher, Robert Pattinson, and Andrew Garfield). In this extensive interview, which is the third segment in a series of 5 segments, she is asked about each of these relationships. The juicy stuff is when she gets to Michael. The interviewer asks the much rumored about question that Meyers was abusive toward her (a leaked audio tape of the filming of an episode of The Best Tears where Morley's character Belle throws a milk shake at Meyers' character Jayden revealed her saying to Meyers 'what are you gonna do, slap me again?'). Ever since then there has been speculation but both actors kept mum. Well now finally, one of them, speaks out.
Mel says: "Let me clear up some things. I don't want to make Mike out to be the villain. We were abusive towards each other. Verbally, physically." (when asked, 'so you hit him and he hit you?') She replies: "Yes. I'd hit him, punch him. It was quite awful really. I was mostly verbally abusive though, more than anything. And he to me as well. He only actually hit me once, he slapped me one night. We had a row over something quite stupid. He was explaining some script to me he was writing and I wasn't paying him my full attention he felt since I was on the computer chattin with a friend from England I hadn't got a chance to say bye to before I left. And you know the time difference over there. When I'm awake she's asleep and vice versa. So we were both finally online at the same time and he didn't like that so he unplugged the computer, not knowing on one of the other screens I had a paper I was writing that I hadn't saved. So that was completely gone. Erased. I was livid. So we start goin' at it. Like we usually do. And so I go to hit him and he pushes my fist away and slaps me. Hard. I start to cry. And instantly he' s like, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. We just made each other miserable, we really did. Everyday was a fight. Drama. He was just very controlling but at the same time I don't think I was ready for love. He wanted something from me I wasn't quite ready to give yet. It pushed me away more than anything. And after I ended it he couldn't take a hint and became quite obsessed, which just made it worse. At that point I didn't feel very safe. It was awful. I wanted to just go home but I couldn't. I had to stick it out. I had alot of great friends there for me. I wouldn't have gotten through it if it wasn't for them."
When asked what she thought of his neck tattoo of her name she says "I told him not to do it. He said to me, I'm gonna get it, I'm gonna get it. I was like, you better not and he fuckin did it". She also comments on him being quite immature at times but very romantic, and that they did get along at times. When asked how it was to reunite for Inception she replies: "It wasn't too bad actually. So much time had passed. I think we both were over it at that point. We just came to work and then of course because of him it turned into something much more, which I didn't want at all. It was quite a blur actually. All I remember was realizing that we could make truly great friends if he'd just let it go, but I don't think he ever will." When asked 'do you think he's still in love with you' she replies "I have no idea. I hope not. For his sake. I wouldn't want to love me...I can be very, difficult."

Here is the video of the entire interview. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment