Friday, December 10, 2010

Meyers brings Kunis to Fighter premiere//Interview with E! News








Well they claim they aren't dating but they are spending an awful lot of time together! Michael took Mila to his Los Angeles premiere of his new boxing film "The Fighter". They didn't kiss or do anything overly affectionate but they did hug and laugh alot. Who knows? Anyway, Meyers did not speak much but did give an extended interview of sorts to E! News correspondent Ben Lyons. Here's the exchange:
When asked what the hardest part of the role was for him Meyers said, "This was probably up there with Malibu's Most Wanted as one of my hardest physical transformations I ever had to make. I had to gain a lot of weight. Put on a lot of muscle. It was a lot of training and it was tough at times for sure, but it was so much fun. Growing up, before I discovered acting, I wanted to be a boxer. So it was like a dream come true to be able to train like a real boxer for 6 months and shoot this for two months and be a real boxer so to speak for 8 months essentially. It was a blast".
On working with such a great cast: "It was amazing. Everyone in the film I think gives arguably the best performance of their career. Mark was super dedicated. He trained for years. He got in insane shape. He brought Marky Mark back, making every man in America jealous. I think he'll get an Oscar nod. This story means so much to him. He's a Boston guy. He's a boxing fan. He was a big supporter of Mickey Ward. He was a hero to the Boston sports area. He is producer as well on this film and it meant alot to him to finally get this film made after all the struggles, losing actors, switching directors, all the setbacks. He never gave up hope and just soldiered forward to get this story made because it's truly one of the greatest true boxing stories in sports history. What sucks is this is my second film with Christian Bale and once again I hardly got to work with him. I saw him on set a couple times on 3:10 to Yuma, seemed like a nice guy. But only one scene together. Here we have no scenes but we hung out quite a bit on set. I made it a point to pick his brain and see how he works. He's a machine. He's so tuned in it's not even funny. In my opinion he steals the film and if he doesn't get the Oscar something is wrong. Very very wrong. I played a drug addict before and I've seen great drug addict performances before but what Christian does in this film takes it to a whole new level."

On injuries: "Yea I got banged up. Sure. Broken fingers, broken rib, broken jaw. But Mark got banged up too. But that's what we signed up for. It comes with the territory. It's a real man's man film. A throwback to Rocky and Raging Bull. Old school boxing classic films. That's what we were going for so we had to shoot it that way. And the director of the film, David O. Russell, he trained as a boxer for something like 15 years I believe so he knows this world inside and out. He was perfect."
On the reputations of himself, Mark, Bale, and Russell for having tempers and how they got along on set: "Oh it was so peaceful it was like summer camp, haha. Come on. I mean, all that stuff is blown out of proportion. Mark is not the guy he was as a teen. He went through alot but he is the biggest Catholic in Hollywood right now. He's so calm and collected. Just a sweet guy. Bale got caught up in one bad moment on Terminator Salvation that got recorded and now he gets pegged as some hothead but from working with him twice now I can tell you that couldn't be farther from the truth. He is such a shy and cerebral and hard working guy. And David (O. Russell) was great too. Is he intense? Is he tough? No nonsense? Sure. He's a real salt of the Earth kind of guy. He doesn't sip lattes and talk about nature. He's a beer drinking do it yourself kind of man's man. But he was very cool on set. I liked working for him. So yea everyone got along."
On how he met Mila and if they're dating: "We got the same weed dealer! Haha. No, um, James Franco, my friend, he introduced us. I am directing her in a commercial and she is in it. She's great. We're just two crazy animals in a crazy crazy world just trying to have some fun ya know? Plus she worked with Mark in Max Payne and Date Night and wanted to see him again."
On James Franco's Oscar chances: "You know he is gonna be so pissed at me because I haven't seen it yet but I got to see it soon. Of course I will be rooting for him. That's my boy." (after being asked if he will be there to see him host) "Oh no. He said he doesn't want me there. He'll be too nervous. And I get it. He didn't come when I was nominated. We're weird like that. We will congratulate each other afterwards if we win, but not on the night, no. Too awkward."
On what actors he'd like to work with: "Um. Well I'm about to do a film with Daniel Day Lewis. I'm kinda nervous about that. But I'm excited. I dunno. Sean Penn. Anybody good. I wanna work with some legends, some veterans. Test myself. Outside of guys like Franco, DiCaprio, Ryan Gosling, no one in our generation really excites me right now. I dunno."

No comments:

Post a Comment